Asylum Seekers Lawyers
ASYLUM IN GREECE Legal Consultants is a specialist refugee law firm based in Athens centre. We help individuals and groups dealing with the full spectre of refugee and asylum issues as well as immigration issues.
Our job is to provide legal support to uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants – regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality.
Our lawyers challenge officialdom at every level and they use their in-depth expertise to provide advice on regulatory compliance to fellow lawyers and other professionals. Our commitment to providing the very best legal service has been recognised by our peers in the legal industry.
Human Rights. Asylum & Immigration.
At ASYLUM IN GREECE Legal Consultants, our team of lawyers provides specialist advice and legal assistance for international protection. We have been committed to assisting asylum seekers since the formation of the firm and have acted in several high profile cases. We strive to provide a legal advice service that is both sensitive to the plight our clients find themselves in and responsive to the latest rule changes in this fast-changing area of law.
Our experience in Human Rights and asylum work, including handling cases of extreme complexity, means that we continue to receive many enquiries from clients seeking international protection and legal representation. We also have a great deal of experience representing clients in protection and asylum appeals cases when their claims have been refused.
Handling Your Asylum Application
Our ASYLUM IN GREECE lawyers guide clients through the entire asylum process. Each case is unique and we never forget the high personal stakes for all those involved in this type of case. We have well-established processes in place to ensure that we pay careful attention to the detail of all aspects of your particular circumstances. Our work on your behalf will include:
- Guidance and practical advice on submitting a full registration form online, in case you have been already pre-registered when you entered Greece.
- Preparing a detailed statement on the reasons for claiming asylum.
- Immediate legal support in detention centres or police stations.
- Suspend deportation.
- Terminate detention.
- Country background research (Country of Origin Information) and representations in support of the application.
- Detailed advice on the various stages in the Home Office process, including guidance on the initial claim at the Registration and attendance at the substantive interview before the Greek Asylum Service.
- Practical advice on the decision and on your rights of appeal before the Appeals Authority.
- Attendance at the possible oral hearing before the Appeals Committee.
- Representation at an appeal before the Administrative Court of First Instance if the case has sufficient merit.
- Claims for new facts at the country of origin.
- Family reunification.
- Investors’ Residence Permits
- Financially Independent People Residence Permits
- Long Term Residence Permits
- Work Residence Permits
- Residence Permits for Exceptional Reasons
- Renewal of Residence Permits
Our high level of Lawyer rank means that, in the event of an appeal, our team will often personally represent you in court without passing your case to an external barrister. This means you have a single point of contact throughout your case with a lawyer who is familiar with every aspect of your claim. This provides a sense of continuity and reduces the stress that is often associated with court appearances.